You can call me Andrew, Andy, or whatever you’d like. It doesn’t matter; I’m pretty easygoing. I’m an Adventure Blogger, Photographer, and UI/UX Designer who’s always had a burning desire to get out there and explore.
Seriously. I get pretty bad anxiety when I haven’t gone somewhere new in a while. Anyway, welcome to my adventure blog! This is where I share entertaining stories, useful travel tips, fun videos, amazing photos, and crazy adventures with you from my travels around the US and beyond. I want to show you how to travel affordably, spend your money on experiences instead of things, and broaden your horizons.
From the Cubicle to the World
I work (present tense) a 9-5 like just about everyone else. There’s nothing that separates me from you. I’ve figured out, through a lot of reading, a lot of mistakes, and a lot of help, how to travel without quitting my day job. That means a bunch of quick weekend trips, with longer treks you can use your two-week vacation for. You can live a life of adventure without abandoning your career! Sound like having your cake and eating it too? Of course it does. That’s because you’re supposed to eat cake, not just have it.
Why do I call it an Adventure Blog?
I call my site an adventure blog instead of a travel blog because there’s a key difference between the two words. Travel to most people means going somewhere exotic and spending a lot of money. Adventure is a fluid term; an adventure can be whatever you want it to be! A trip to a national park down the road can be an adventure. Going skydiving in the next town over can be an adventure. It’s up to you to decide what the word means in your life. If that makes you worry, don’t let it! Figuring all of this out is the fun part!
Random facts about me
Since this is an About Me, here are some weird tidbits about myself. We are pretty much best friends now, after all.
- I absolutely hate cold water. I can drink it, can’t stand swimming in it
- I’m the oldest of 4 kids, my siblings being: a saver of tiny babies, a car magician, and a tiny college student
- I earned a black belt in Tae Kwon Do when I was 10 and quit immediately after (don’t try to fight me! I’ve forgotten everything)
- I’m a professional photographer; you can check out my work here
- I originally was going to college for Business Administration, but switched to Graphic Design because it was boring
- I’m a director of a non-profit I started with my two friends. It’s pretty awesome, check it out
- I’m an advanced-certified Scuba diver
- My favorite roadtrip is my camping adventure through Utah
- Bill Burr is my favorite comedian
- I’m currently watching Mindhunter in my free time, and it’s amazing.